Oldham Council is reminding residents they can take part in the consultation on the draft version of the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework (GMSF) until December 23.
All 10 Greater Manchester are working together on the joint plan which is being prepared to ensure that new homes and jobs are provided in the right places with the transport (roads, rail, Metrolink) and infrastructure to support the communities and manage growth sustainably.
The draft Greater Manchester Spatial Framework sets out:
· How much housing and employment land is needed up to 2035.
· A number of strategic sites across Greater Manchester to assist in meeting these requirements.
· The importance of infrastructure such as, health, education, transport, green spaces and utilities to support neighbourhoods and employment.
· Ways to protect and improve the natural environment.
Any comments you may have on this document are welcome. A final draft will be published in 2017 when another period of consultation will be held.
A number of drop in sessions have been arranged for residents to view the framework:
· 8 November – Performance Space, Oldham Library, Union Street, Oldham – 12noon till 8pm
· 14 November – Shaw Lifelong Learning Centre, High Street, Shaw – 5pm till 6.30pm
· 28 November – Royton Town Hall, Rochdale Road, Oldham – 5pm till 6pm
Additional events may be arranged and details will be published on the council’s webpage http://www.oldham.gov.uk/gmsf
If you can’t attend one of the drop in sessions then paper copies of the draft GMSF may be viewed at local libraries in Oldham and at the Oldham Civic Centre Planning Reception, West Street, Oldham, OL1 IUG (for Sat Navs use OL1 1NL).
Comments may also be made online at http://gmsf-consult.objective.co.uk; by email to GMSF@agma.gov.uk; by post to: Greater Manchester Integrated Support Team, PO Box 532, Town Hall, Manchester, M60 2LA.
For further information on the consultation and to download documents visit www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/GMSF