Information supplied by Oldham’s Highways relating to the proposed Programme and Traffic Management/Diversion plans for the carriageway resurfacing works at High Street Uppermill.
The reasons for the evening/night working are :
- To ensure that a bus service is maintained during the day. The long diversion which is needed to close High street Uppermill would mean that the bus service would be discontinued during the day, if the the works were carried out under normal working hours.
- Minimise the disruption to local business.
- Minimise the disruption to residents/commuters’.
- Due to the nature of the business on High street Uppermill, weekends and school holidays prove to be some of High streets busiest periods, therefore evening/night working Monday to Thursday should help to minimise some of the potential disruption to both business and residents.
Works are programmed to commence 19/10/2015 at 19:30, the working hours are expected to be 19:30 to 06:00 Monday to Thursday with no work being completed outside these hours. The carriageway will be made safe and re-opened to traffic at the end of each shift.
The works are to be completed using a road closure . The reason for the road closure is that the width of the road is too narrow for the safe use of traffic lights whilst carrying out the milling of the existing carriageway and laying the new surface, as you can see from the attached programme the works are split into 3 phases:
- Phase 1 from Bridge Street to New street – Start on Monday 19/10/2015 and last approx 4 Shifts until Thursday 22/10/2015 (Hrs of work 19:30-06:00).
- Phase 2 from New street to the entrance of Saddleworth school – Start on Monday 26/10/2015 and last approx 3 shifts until Wednesday 28/10/2015 (Hrs of work 19:30-23:00)
- Phase 3 from Saddleworth to Dobcross New road – Start Tuesday 27/10/2015 and last approx 3 shifts until Thursday 29/10/2015 (Hrs of work 19:30-06:00).
The reason for the phasing is to try and keep the noise disruption in the densely residential part of Uppermill (New street to the entrance of Saddleworth school) down to a minimum.
Hopefully if all goes well with no unexpected delays all works should be complete by Thursday 29/10/2015 weather permitting.
There will be a contractor agent and representative from Unity partnership on site to assist throughout the works.